Auteur Topic: Leuke teksten m.b.t. het EK  (gelezen 2713 keer)

Offline Dorine

• Forumlid
  • Geslacht: Vrouw
Leuke teksten m.b.t. het EK
« Gepost op: 12-05-2004, 13:52:56 »
Voetbal Vertellers

Hoe komt het toch dat "slimme" mensen ineens zo dom lijken als ze over sport praten? Ik trof laatst drie mensen, van wie ik normaliter een relatief hoge dunk heb, aan terwijl ze het over voetbal hadden. Ik zei gedag, ging erbij zitten, luisterde mee en schrok. Mijn grote voorbeelden, de Drie Wijzen uit het Westen zowaar, waren gedegradeerd tot Harry Vermegen, Hans Kraay en diens junior-variant. Werkelijk van God los.

Het lijkt maar niet mogelijk om het over voetbal te hebben zonder te vervallen in Jack van Gelder-jargon en een soort Johan Cruijf-vocabulair. En dat allemaal inclusief zinnen zonder werkwoorden, de meest ongelofelijke verhaspelingen van gezegden en woorden waarvan je werkelijk geen vaag vermoeden hebt wat ze zeggen over bijvoorbeeld de staat van het gras of de stuntelige beweging die je zojuist op het scherm dacht te zien.

Grappig is dat veel mensen van wie je het helemaal niet had verwacht ineens expert blijken te zijn. Maar let op: dit is in negen van de tien gevallen slechts schijn. Je kunt hierachter komen door de betreffende persoon in een groep van 10 man of groter te plaatsen. Elke "expert" met een beetje statistisch inzicht (liefst ook weer niet te veel) zal zijn of haar mond houden, goed luisteren naar de enkeling die nog spreekt en achteraf aantekeningen maken.

Waarom kunnen sport-commentatoren (expert of amateur) het nooit eens hebben over de dingen die echt belangrijk zijn? Dingen als welke speler het leukste kapsel, de mooiste lach of het lekkerste kontje heeft. Ook trainers zouden daar meer op moeten letten bij het bepalen van hun opstelling en aankoopbeleid. Je kunt natuurlijk moeilijk met droge ogen over Godenzonen spreken met mensen als Shota Arveladze, Jan van Halst en Ferdi Vierklau. En dan Dani nog laten gaan ook! With all due respect maar dat kan toch niet de bedoeling zijn?

Het zou 't beste zijn als de uitslag van een toernooi of kampioenschap mede wordt bepaald door een thuis-jury. Deze let dan niet alleen op koppies en kontjes (dat zou misschien iets te oppervlakkig zijn), maar ook op mooi spel en hoe spannend de wedstrijd. Er mogen dan punten gegeven worden van 1 tm 8 en voor de twee besten 10 en 12. Dit zou dan geintegreerd moeten worden in een systeem waarbij naast de resultaten van de thuis-jury ook percentage balbezit, aantal overtredingen, doelsaldo en aantal gewonnen/verloren/gelijke duels invloed hebben op de uiteindelijke uitslag.

Misschien gaat dit wat ver, maar ik hoop dat mijn punt duidelijk is: probeer eens over sport (want nee, het heeft niet alleen betrekking op voetbal) te praten zonder in cliche's, dommig-heden en nagepraat te vervallen. Het wordt anders gewoon te saai. En natuurlijk moet een voetbalwedstrijd niet een soort miss-verkiezing gaan worden want anders winnen we het EK natuurlijk nooit...

Sjoerd.

[bron: http://www.cs.vu.nl/~swillems/txt/voetbal.html ]
Mijn prinsje is chriz!!

Offline Castor_en_Pollux

• Forumlid
  • 1 die 2 is
Re: Leuke teksten m.b.t. het EK
« Reactie #1 Gepost op: 23-05-2004, 17:04:03 »
Dutch legend Dennis Bergkamp talks exclusively to World Football's Mike Geddes about one of football's most enduring and popular mysteries...
As Scotland found out in Amsterdam this week, the Dutch are a footballing conundrum.

As the build-up to their crucial Euro 2004 play-off was overshadowed by rumours of disharmony in the Dutch camp, many were expecting the team to self-destruct once again.

The history of Dutch football is full of such stories, and the tag of 'underachievers' has hung over them since the infamous 'lost final' of the 1974 World Cup when they were defeated by West Germany.

Instead they simply blew Scotland away, winning six-nil.

So just why has a nation which regularly produces some of the world's finest footballers found it so hard to deliver?

It's one of football's most enduring mysteries. We've all heard the clichés, I put them to perhaps the archetypal Dutch player of his generation - Dennis Bergkamp.

'The Dutch are too arrogant'

"I would never consider us arrogant. We have a lot of confidence in ourselves, and that's not only created by the media but by the Dutch people as well.

"We just feel we know what we can achieve and we think there aren't many teams better than us, and we play those teams with a certain attitude. People can see that as arrogance - I don't think that's true".

'The star players think they are bigger than the team'

"If you look at the Dutch in general we all have our own opinion about things and sometimes that's a different opinion than the coach!

"We like to speak out and not to hide things, and when everyone speaks out you have a lot of problems and I think that's what happened in 1994 with Ruud Gullit and in 1996 with Edgar Davids.

Penalty agony for the Dutch at Euro '96...
"But always we have the team on our mind".

'They never listen to the coach'

"When you think about it we've had all sorts of coaches. I think a good idea might be a mixture of maybe two coaches - one who makes the decisions and one who is among the players and is some sort of player himself.

"The players have to know exactly what their job is within the team and not to do too much talking.

"It is difficult when you have to deal with players who all think they know how to play football.

"I think the most successful teams we have had in Holland were those with three or four players in it who have their own opinion, and not 11 or 12 and that's what's been happening recently I think".

'The Dutch are always defeated by the big occasion'

"I think that's difficult to explain. A lot of people look for explanations as to why it has gone wrong for us so many times.

"But if I look in my ten years and where it went wrong - we lost four times on penalties. I suppose then you could say it's a penalty problem.

"But in 2002 we didn't even qualify for the World Cup, there were no penalties - so then it's another reason. People are always trying to find the real reason.

'The Dutch can't take penalties'

"The pressure is harsh on everyone involved.

"It's difficult to think of a reason. It's easy to say we are rubbish at penalties... it's just at those moments it's probably some sort of mental thing. And that's very difficult to explain".

'The Dutch would rather play well and lose than play badly and win'

... and again at Euro 2000 in their home country
"I don't think the idea of the 'beautiful losers' applies at all anymore.

"That is something we have tried to change in the Dutch teams. We just try to win games.

"We always try to play football, but I think the main thing, especially in tournaments, is you have to win games no matter what.

"If you get that in your mind, plus the talent we have then you will have much more chance of winning".

'The Dutch have no 'killer instinct''

"I don't think you can teach this but I think as a team you can work hard for it, you can battle.

"If I take me for example I can actually train in front of goal to be more of a killer - just get it in the goal and if you practice that hard enough you will do it.

"I think it might be helpful if our players weren't so talented, so the would have to work harder as a team!"

Bron: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_football/3233646.stm

Offline Castor_en_Pollux

• Forumlid
  • 1 die 2 is
« Reactie #2 Gepost op: 27-05-2004, 17:56:16 »
Quotes

My parents have been there for me, ever since I was about 7.
David Beckham

I would not be bothered if we lost every game as long as we won the league.
Mark Viduka

We lost because we didn't win.
Ronaldo

If you don't believe you can win, there is no point in getting out of bed at the end of the day.
Neville Southall

He's put on weight and I've lost it, and vice versa.
Ronnie Whelan

I was watching the Blackburn game on TV on Sunday when it flashed on the screen that George (Ndah) had scored in the first minute at Birmingham. My first reaction was to ring him up. Then I remembered he was out there playing.
Ade Akinbiyi

I can see the carrot at the end of the tunnel.
Stuart Pearce

Alex Ferguson is the best manager I've ever had at this level. Well, he's the only manager I've actually had at this level. But he's the best manager I've ever had.
David Beckham

I've had 14 bookings this season - 8 of which were my fault, but 7 of which were disputable.
Paul Gascoigne

I've never wanted to leave. I'm here for the rest of my life, and hopefully after that as well.
Alan Shearer

I'd like to play for an Italian club, like Barcelona.
Mark Draper

You've got to believe that you're going to win, and I believe we'll win the World Cup until the final whistle blows and we're knocked out.
Peter Shilton

Without being too harsh on David Beckham, he cost us the match.
Ian Wright

I'm as happy as I can be - but I have been happier.
Ugo Ehiogh

Leeds is a great club and it's been my home for years, even though I live in Middlesborough.
Jonathan Woodgate

I took a whack on my left ankle, but something told me it was my right.
Lee Hendrie

I couldn't settle in Italy - it was like living in a foreign country.
Ian Rush

Germany are a very difficult team to play...they had 11 internationals out there today.
Steve Lomas

I always used to put my right boot on first, and then obviously my right sock.
Barry Venison

I definitely want Brooklyn to be christened, but I don't know into what religion yet.
David Beckham

The Brazilians were South American, and the Ukranians will be more European.
Phil Neville

All that remains is for a few dots and commas to be crossed.
Mitchell Thomas

The opening ceremony was good, although I missed it.
Graeme Le Saux

One accusation you can't throw at me is that I've always done my best.
Alan Shearer

I'd rather play in front of a full house than an empty crowd.
Johnny Giles

I was surprised, but I always say nothing surprises me in football.
Les Ferdinand

It was like the ref had a brand new yellow card and wanted to see if it worked.
Richard Rufus

There's no in between - you're either good or bad. We were in between.
Gary Lineker

There's no in between - you're either good or bad. We were in between.
Thierry Henry

Offline Nostradamus

• Forumlid
  • Geslacht: Man
  • Never say more than is necessary
« Reactie #3 Gepost op: 3-06-2004, 14:59:55 »
'IJzeren Rinus' vervangen door Duits apparaat

Tijdens het Europees Kampioenschap maakt de NOS geen gebruik meer van de zogenaamde IJzeren Rinus. Met dit apparaat maakte Studio Sport tijdens het vorige EK computeranimaties, waarmee kon worden nagetrokken of de scheidsrechter wel altijd de juiste beslissing nam.

Door het apparaat konden de arbitrale beslissingen op plaatsen waar zich geen camera's bevonden, ook gecontroleerd worden. "We sturen IJzeren Rinus met pensioen omdat het systeem niet altijd even betrouwbaar bleek", meldde hoofdredacteur Maarten Nooter vandaag.

Tijdens het EK in Portugal wordt een betrouwbaarder apparaat, afkomstig uit Duitsland gebruikt.

bron: voetbalzone.nl
Never interrupt your opponent while he is making a mistake.. You're now making one!